Thursday 1 March 2012

Scented Sachets

Day 8 - Scented Sachets

Today's craft needed to be a quick make as I'm holding a card stall at my children's school as part of a Ladies Night tomorrow - too many cards to make and not enough time.

Firstly, I made a paper rabbit and cross template and pinned them to doubled-over material - wrong sides together. 




Luckily I came across some brightly coloured Easter fabric in a scraps box at school (I did ask before taking!). I then cut round the patterns with pinking scissors leaving a half centimetre allowance. My thinking was that if I use pinking scissors I won't need to turn them inside out.  

Before stitching round the rabbit and cross outlines with my sewing machine, I inserted a small piece of ribbon for hanging. I'd left a small gap in the outline to push in the stuffing.  Well, I say I, but my eldest daughter has done all the stuffing for me (thank you).  She also added a teaspoon of lavender to each sachet. It's hard to know if you've put enough in as once you open the lavender that's all you can smell! As soon as they were stuffed I've sewn up the edge with the machine and finished by stitching eyes to the rabbits.

The finished sachets

1 comment: