Wednesday 7 March 2012

Patchwork

Day 13 - Patchwork

Day 13, unlucky for some?  Not for me as it's my day off this week and I have spent most of it patchworking. I've made up a couple of Easter themed designs to make patchwork covers for cushions.  

I was hoping to be able to make a few cushions so that there would be some to sell.  However, once I had cut out enough pieces for two rabbit cushions and two cross cushions I realised that making more than one cushion today may be a little ambitious!  


Looking at the two designs - one is definitely a little less complicated than the other.  Can you guess which one I decided to make?  Usually, I'd choose the more challenging project but to make sure I get at least one cushion finished this afternoon, I chose the cross design.  (I do need to get around to doing some household stuff washing, ironing, floor cleaning and preparing tea!)





Having cut up all the squares I needed for the cross cushion I started to sew them together using my machine, making six strips.  













I then sewed the strips together to make the cushion front cover.  Rather than putting a zip in the back I made an overlapping flap instead.   

Here is the finished cushion, on my sofa where it should be! 



Showing the overlapping flap on back

Wait a minute, I think I made that sound really easy and quick - neither being true! 

I'm thrilled with the cross cushion but a little disappointed not to have made more.  The pieces are all cut up though so keep coming back to this page as I will get around to making the other cushion covers.

   

1 comment:

  1. I'm most impressed!!! My friends and I are hooked to your blog spot to see what delight you have made next!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete