Thursday 29 March 2012

Button Art

Day 32 - Button Art

So far this week there have been very little costs in the projects. I've used recycled magazine and equipment that I already had at home.  Tonight I'm also using materials that I already have at home. I've had this box of buttons for as long as I can remember and felt inspired to do something with them. Tonight's post is going to be written in real time as I'm blogging as I craft.


I am painting the canvasses I have bought (very reasonably priced from a cheap shop) purple - no particular reason. While they dry I am printing out a rabbit silhouette to use as a stencil. Now they've dried I'm using chalk to make a faint rabbit outline on the canvasses. 






I'm filling in the design with white buttons of different styles and sizes.  As it is already 10pm I'm going to glue the buttons into place as I work gradually building up the picture.
I think I could have done this project a little quicker but I'm doing more than one at the same time and I'm being choosy about the buttons I use.  I found one that sticks up so I've used it for the eye and I found a rectangular one that I used for the tail.  The hardest part is right at the end trying to find the right combination of buttons to fit the space you have left. 

I'm finally posting at 11.47 with the finished picture - it's late but I'm really pleased with the end result!





No comments:

Post a Comment