Tuesday 20 March 2012

Bunny Bunting

Day 24 - Bunny Bunting

Although this is my day off work, I've used most of the morning to buy more supplies for the 40days project, challenges upcoming and extra orders that need meeting.  I thought I'd better do a little housework before starting today's project so I began later in the afternoon.  However, I'd forgotten about the swim lesson at 4pm and the PTA meeting at 8pm! Therefore my blog is a little late tonight.


A couple of weeks ago, I bought pastel coloured material, patterned and plain. The first thing I did today was cut about five triangles out of each piece of material.  I paired up two triangle pieces to make each pennant - a front and a back.  In keeping with the Easter theme I cut a bunny silhouette out of white fleece, one for each pennant and used fusible web to attach them. 




Once the bunnies were attached I pinned and then sewed the triangles together, placing them front to front. 











When I had turned the pennants inside out I decided to add a felt tail and then used bias binding to sew them altogether. Lovely!


Will try to get better photos tomorrow - my camera batteries have just died!

My finished pennants are only 17cm across and 17cm deep. Of course you can make them larger.  To make it easier and quicker you could also only use one piece of material, stitch round the edge and use pinking scissors to finish them off.  However, what I really like about using double sided pennants is that if you are fed up looking at bunnies - or it just isn't Easter any more - you can always turn them over!


They really are a lot lovelier than photo shows.








No comments:

Post a Comment