Monday 5 March 2012

Cross Stitch

Day 11 - Cross stitch

Yesterday, I took my second bunch of crafts to church and sold lots of them - including all the Easter chick cupcakes, so I guess there will be more edible craft in the next few weeks.  Thanks to everyone who is supporting the 40days challenge.

For today's project I've made a couple of cross stitch bookmarks.  I happen to have loads of embroidery threads as my mum came upon a box containing about seventy threads - all shades - at a car boot sale and paid next to nothing for them!


I already had a cross design in mind but used the internet for some Easter rabbit inspiration.  Using squared paper I sketched a plan for two designs and when I was happy set about stitching.

Here is the cross stitch
cross design in progress...
I'm going for a sunset effect.





Once I'd finished all the stitching I cut them to size and backed them with self-adhesive felt - this seems to be useful for lots of things (I've used it three times so far) and would definitely recommend keeping some in the cupboard.  To finish off the bookmarks I've made a tassel by sewing a bunch of embroidery threads through the top.



I enjoy cross stitch but it is a time-consuming craft! Someone suggested I kept cross stitch for a Saturday project but I already have other plans....  

Update: Time-consuming or not I did take another order on the cross bookmark!

No comments:

Post a Comment