Saturday 10 March 2012

Modelling Clay Magnets


Day 16 - Modelling Clay Magnets

Can you tell what it is yet ?



This has been quite a long drawn out day for a craft activity. It started on return from my daughter's 8.30am swim lesson when I got out the air-drying clay and it's now 10.45pm. As you can see I made small circles of clay and then used a play dough extruder to make tubes that I could cut into legs.

I then used the extruder with smaller holes to make lots more 'wiggly worms' (see top picture). I wrapped these 'wiggly worms' round and round on top of the circle bases.  Finally I cut out face shapes and attached them on top of the 'worms'.

Hopefully, you can now see that I am making lamb magnets!

Each time I added clay I used a little water help bind it together.


Once the lambs were finished I then had to leave them for the best part of the day to dry.

When they had dried I painted the lambs with acrylic paints.  I then left them to dry - again!

Originally I had intended these lambs to be brooches but I had trouble attaching the brooch backs. So I changed my mind and made them instead into magnets by adding a small square of magnetic tape onto the back - I added some googly eyes at the same time.



Since taking the photo above I have also varnished the lambs and am again waiting for them to dry.  Hopefully they'll be ok to take to church in the morning.  



1 comment: