Friday 30 March 2012

Gingerbread Bunnies

Day 33 - Gingerbread Bunnies

I love cooking gingerbread.  The smell is warming and wonderful. Here's the recipe I use:

Plain flour 8oz/225g
Bicarbonate of Soda 1 1/2 tsp
Ground Ginger 1 tsp
Ground Cinnamon 1/4 tsp

Butter/Margarine 2oz/4tbsp
Brown Sugar 4oz/115g
Golden Syrup 3 tbsp

Milk 2 tbsp

I've melted the butter, sugar and syrup in a pan and mixed the flour, bicarbonate and spices in another bowl. Once the butter, sugar and syrup had melted I added the dry ingredients and the milk and mixed it all together to make a dough. I then left the in the fridge to chill for half an hour.
When I took the dough out of the fridge, I rolled it out onto a floured surface.  I decided to make my own rabbit head stencil to cut around, particularly as my only rabbit cutter snapped as I got it out to use. 










The bunnies then went for a 10-15 minute spell in a warm oven.


I left the bunnies to cool before piping on some ears, nose and whiskers and using smarties for eyes.  Yum!


No comments:

Post a Comment