Monday 12 March 2012

Photography

Day 17 - Photography

I have to confess - today is the first day that I will admit to a little bit of cheating!

I've taken a photograph of the Remembrance cross in the church grounds just before the start of Lent.  What can I say, weather can be a little unpredictable around here at this time of year.  So, as I left church a few weeks ago, walking out into sunshine and clear blue skies, I felt I had to take advantage.  

I had every intention of putting the photograph into a photoshop program and adding effects, turning it into a painting, changing the lighting etc.  Having played around on photoshop for a while and then printed out the original photograph, I decided to leave the image as it was - nothing added or altered.  The colour of the sky came out beautifully and the cross is nicely lit in the sunshine.

I have simply mounted the photo into a three-fold aperture card and added an Easter message.  

The colour is even better on actual photograph, see image in gallery.

Update: I made five but got another order on this one.

2 comments:

  1. Wow you've been busy. Just had chance to pop in and have a look to see what you've been up to. Love this photo and all the other crafts you've been doing. Well done for keeping at it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the simple ones are often the best!! This is lovely

    ReplyDelete