Friday 23 March 2012

Easter Wreath

Day 27 - Easter Wreath

So, today I was again making use of items I've been meaning to do something with for ages - in fact wreaths I've been saving for use at Christmas. I've stripped down the wreaths and gathered some other materials. I had the netting, chicks and some ribbon already but did buy the eggs and bath puffs.








Did you know what happens when you snip open the tie in the centre of a bath puff? Answer - It all unravels into a long crinkly net tube. I did know this but had not yet figured out what I could use it for, until the 40days project.










I folded the tube of netting, one fold toward the outside of the wreath and the next towards the inside, securing it by wrapping fishing wire around the wreath.  You could probably wrap the netting in other ways - you just need to experiment a little.

Once I got halfway round I realised that I would need two bath puffs.  I just tied one to the next and carried on folding.



When the wreath was completely covered I did use a touch of hot glue to secure it in a few places.












To add a little colour I tied some pieces of purple and lilac netting in a four places around the wreath.  This is as much netting of this colour that I had but you could use more.







I then tied a few lengths of lilac and purple ribbons around the wreath.












To complete this wreath I added some plastic eggs, yellow feathers and small Easter chicks. The feathers aren't even stuck on, they're just poked through the netting.

















No comments:

Post a Comment