Sunday 26 February 2012

No post Today!

Today there will be no craft project to post.  There is a good reason for this.....

After some research over the internet I have learned that Sundays are not strictly regarded as part of the Lenten period.  For Christians, Sunday is a day of rest and celebrates the rising of Christ on that day.  Therefore when the period of Lent was established it was actually six weeks of six days- omitting the Sundays -  and four extra days - Ash Wednesday and Thursday, Friday, Saturday of that week.  This may vary slightly between different churches and there are many internet sites that can explain it further.

Woodlands Junior School, KENT, United Kingdom

I only wish I'd known this as a child when I spent many years giving up sweets, chocolate and crisps for forty-six days rather than forty!


My Inspiration

I've been asked where the inspiration for this challenge has come from.  As many of us do, I stumbled upon a internet site that I wasn't initially looking for.  This turned out to be a website and blog that promotes a 'one thing a day' challenge.  The site is

Skull a day Website

I felt that 365 days was a challenge a little too far for me right now and instead adapted the idea to become 40daysofcrafts.

Back tomorrow with Day 5!





No comments:

Post a Comment