Wednesday 22 February 2012

Wooden Box

Day 1 - Wooden Box

Today I've decided to decorate a wooden box that I found in my garage. I've had plans for using it for ages but the 40 days project has given me the nudge I needed to get on with it.

I've found a few more wooden things around the house - pieces of wood, leftover wood shavings, wooden beads and some black leatherette.

All the bits and pieces I collected

The only thing I bought was a few wooden flower shapes. To start, I've painted the box, the flowers and the wood shavings with some leftover wood dye - also in our garage!

I cut some leatherette to back the flowers and some leaves. I then assembled all the bits and pieces to make a nice lid for the box.

Some glue was still wet when I took the photo

As the wood shavings start as coils, I used quilling technique to shape them. I thought they looked quite effective.



I've finished off the inside of the box with some self-adhesive black felt (not found in the garage).  I'm not sure if I'll be selling the box. If not, my only problem will be what to put in it!

Well, one day down, thirty-nine more to go!


No comments:

Post a Comment