Thursday 23 February 2012

Quilling

Day 2 Quilling Easter Cards

Today I've made a few Easter cards using paper quilling.  It's a craft I first learned some twenty (+) years ago. Quilling mostly involves taking different lengths of thin strips of paper, rolling them into coils, glueing them and then shaping the coils into other shapes.  The quilled shapes are then stuck together to make your picture. This is how I put the rabbit together. 




I've finished off by giving the rabbits a quirky look by adding eyes and whiskers!

For some Easter cross cards I've used a different quilling technique and wrapped the paper around the teeth of an old comb to make the parts of the cross.  





The flowers are made by cutting tiny slits into a wider strip of paper, rolling it into a tight coil and then fanning the fringes out. 

So, here are the finished cards.........


Sorry, not perfectly focussed.






Hope these are a little clearer.  The eggs are also made from quilling papers. Like I said - quirky!





All of the backgrounds are made from torn mulberry papers.

Keep watching for other Easter card ideas.











Update: I did take more orders for both the crosses and the bunny rabbits.

1 comment: