Saturday 7 April 2012

Iced Baked Bunnies

Day 40 - Iced Baked Bunnies

Well, here we are - Day 40, my last project.  I've decided to bake again and today I'm making iced baked bunnies.  The baked bunnies are really just bread and I'm cheating a little by using a 'simply add water' bread mix.

I've made the mix as recommended on the packet and definitely added the optional butter. Having kneaded the bread for a full ten minutes I've first torn off balls of dough and rolled them out into long thin sausage shapes.  I'm really not sure how large the bunnies will end up being so I've made a mixture of sizes.

I've then made a twist in the middle of the dough leaving a hole in the middle. This is the bunny body.



I've made a second twist above the first but this time left no hole - this will be the bunny head and ears.
Lastly I've filled the hole with a small ball of dough to be the bunny tail.





Currently I've left the bunnies on baking trays, covered with clean tea towels, to rise before I can cook them.  I'll be putting them in the oven in about an hour.

In fact they did rise quite a bit!


Now they're out of the oven, I've left them to cool before glazing them with a little icing. Another tasty treat!
Some look like bunnies more than others!







3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your 40 days of 40 crafts! I've loved reading them and seeing what you've made. Giving up so much time and filling additional orders I think you have passed your 'Lent exam' with flying colours. Thanks for sharing your learnings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Sarah. Glad you got the willow cross to work out in the end.
    What will you do now?!!!!
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are bunni-tastic!! I may just have a go at these seeing as no cutting out or painting with a steady hand is required!!!

    Well done for all your crafty creations!! xx

    ReplyDelete