Friday 6 April 2012

Easter Pom-Pom Pals

Day 39 - Easter Pom-Pom Pals

I've just taken the willow crosses (Day 38) to church this morning.  They were very gratefully received and I can't wait to see them used in the Easter display.  However, the large cross took between five and six hours to make and I've therefore decided that the last two days should be a little less time consuming! Besides it will let me catch up completely on any remaining orders.

I'd not really planned today's project but was confident I'd have everything I'd need to make Easter pom-pom pals.  After seven years running crafts at a toddler group, many days spent crafting with our own children and working as a teaching assistant, I've got quite a stash of craft materials! 



I was pleased to have a couple of able assistants - both eldest and youngest daughters. Our youngest daughter cut circular bases from green glitter self-adhesive foam.  This means you will be able to stick them where you like, if you like. 




There's not too much detail to this craft.  The photos show how we built up the pom-pom chicks and bunnies using pom poms, feathers, stick on googly eyes, wool, felt, pipe cleaners and a selection of funky foam flowers and Easter egg shapes (which I had left over from last year).





Can you see the tail?


The only tricky bit was attaching the ears.  I cut the pipe cleaner in half and then I've twisted it tightly around the centre of the pom-pom, leaving the ends of the pipe cleaner sticking out of the top. I've then bent the pipe cleaners down to form ear shapes.  











I think they all look quite cute!



My living room is now looking a little less cluttered as I have been able to tidy away almost all the craft materials I have been using over the last forty-six days.  My final 40days challenge - tomorrow - doesn't need much supplies!

I'm still wondering what I'm going to do after the 40days project has finished - any suggestions??

No comments:

Post a Comment